Dan Friday is a world-class glass blower whose art is shown in galleries and museums throughout the United States. A member of the Lummi Tribe, Dan’s pieces, which include totems, ravens, bears, and owls, are a reflection of his tribal culture and his Pacific Northwest roots.
What you will learn:
- How Dan went from fixing cars to working with world-class glass blowers like Dale Chihuly, and then became a world-class glass blower himself.
- How Dan developed his unique glass blowing style and aesthetic.
- How his tribal culture influenced his approach to glass blowing.
- How he learned the art and craft of glass blowing.
- How glass blowing is a “team sport.”
- How he navigates the challenges of the business of making and selling art.
- How his art takes him around the world, where he teaches others about glass blowing.
- @danfriday on Instagram, Twitter