Richard Patrick was the touring guitarist for Nine Inch Nails before founding the multi-platinum selling rock band Filter. With hits like Hey Man, Nice Shot” and “Take a Picture” Filter sold millions of albums and are about to release their 9th studio album.
What you will learn:
- How growing up in Cleveland affected Richard’s outlook on music.
- How his move to Los Angeles opened up opportunities musically.
- The parallels between Richard’s and his brother Robert Patrick’s (Terminator, True Blood) careers in entertainment.
- What musical influences inspired Richard when he first entered the music scene.
- The physical and emotional toll of touring with Nine Inch Nails.
- Why Richard left Nine Inch Nails and started the band Filter.
- What sobriety has meant to his personal, professional, and creative life.
- How the music business has transformed from the late 80s/early 90s to today.
- The challenges rock musicians face today.
- What new bands he listens to and is inspired by, including electronic dance music performer REZZ.
- Why Trump sucks ass and needs to be impeached.
- @filter_richard_patrick on Instagram
- @officialfilter on Twitter