Adri Siriwatt is a production designer in television and film. Her film credits include Batman Begins with Christian Bale (directed by Christopher Nolan), Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, and Dustin Hoffman, and The Last Shift, directed by Andrew Cohn and starring Richard Jenkins, Shane Paul McGuie, and Ed O’Neil. Adri’s next film, Echo Boomers, starring Michael Shannon, is in post post-production. Based on a true story, it’s about five college graduates who decide the best way to get back at the unfair economy and live the life they’ve always wanted is to steal from Chicago’s richest and give to themselves.
What you will learn:
- What childhood activities influenced Adri to work in the arts.
- How she found her way into art and production design during and after film school, as opposed to producing or directing.
- What she loves about production design vs. other behind-the-camera jobs on the film set.
- What she likes about working in film vs. television.
- How she works with directors months in advance of a film shoot to capture the look and feel of a film.
- How film sets can become so distinctive and unique that they become another character in the movie.
- The challenges of production design on a film where 70% of the movie takes place in a single restaurant.
- The rewards of working on films with incredible actors like Christian Bale, Will Ferrell, and Richard Jenkins.
- The challenges of networking and staying connected with film industry professionals.
What future projects she’s working on, including her own feature film which will be shot in Thailand.