Nick Basta is a television and film actor. His film credits include Harriet (nominated for 2 Oscars), about Harriet Tubman’s escape from slavery, and The Glorias, a biopic about Gloria Steinem starring Julianne Moore, Alicia Vikander, and Janelle Monáe. The Glorias premiered at Sundance this year. His TV credits include a major role in Turn: Washington Spies, Season 3 of True Detective with Stephen Dorff and Mahershala Ali, and the upcoming D.C. Comics series Star Girl starring Luke Wilson.
What you will learn:
- How Nick became a clay artist and musician before finding acting.
- What educational track he pursued to become an actor.
- How his parents influenced his artistic trajectory.
- Where you should live for the best chance at becoming a working actor (you may be surprised by his answer).
- What advice he has for actors who want to kick start their career.
Whether he prefers film vs. television, and why.
How playing a part “differently” during auditions can pay off.
- How he obtained the rights to the life story of Yogi Berra and wrote a screenplay based on his life.
- How he’s attempting to get his screenplay about Yogi Berra’s life made into a film or television series.