Justin Connor is a Los Angeles-based musician, actor, screenwriter, and director. His musical drama/comedy The Golden Age is now streaming on Amazon Prime. Justin wrote and performed every song from The Golden Age Soundtrack. The film follows pop singer Maya O’Malley after he is dropped from his label and embarks on a spiritual pilgrimage throughout India in an attempt to resolve his troubled past. Justin’s companion book to The Golden Age film is scheduled to be published in the Spring of 2021, and his third studio album is scheduled to be released in early 2022.
What you will learn:
- The challenges Justin has faced writing, directing, casting, and acting in his first feature film.
- How parts of Justin’s life and spiritual journey mirror the character Maya O’Malley’s journey in The Golden Age.
- How Justin incorporated songs he wrote for the film into the film’s narrative.
- Why he wrote a companion book to The Golden Age, which will be released in the Spring of 2021.
- The challenges Justin faced while shooting The Golden Age over the course of seven years, and why he chose to shoot over such a long period of time.
- How his own childhood trauma informed the development of screenplay for, and his acting in, The Golden Age.
- Why Justin has has shied away from the trappings of social media in a city obsessed with social media notoriety.
- How Justin views himself as a “servant to the servant to the servant” in the arts, and does not like to define or categorize his art.
- Justin’s Website, IMDB, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- The Golden Age Amazon Prime URL, IMDB, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Transcript of Episode